Wednesday, February 23, 2011

LightsGoBlue: "This Is Spectrum"

Currently Listening To: [LightsGoBlue: The Only Way We Look Is Up] 


Hometown: South-East, UK
Members: 2 Piece
(Raj 
Alex)
Genre: Pop Rock / Electronic


For Fans Of: Japanther, Lidia Stone, & I Set My Friends on Fire


I saw these guys at a show at the First Unitarian Church in Philadelphia, PA.  To be honest I went to the show only to see Sleeping With Sirens and Enter Shikari.  Lights Go Blue opened.  Its important to experience new music because there is so much of the same stuff out there.  Considering most of the crowd had no idea knew who they were, they played with so much energy and tenacity.  I appreciated the way they just did their thing and the way they played music.  I became very clear how passionate they are about it.  They told everyone to come by their merch table after their set and talk to them.  My friend who has been a huge fan was going to miss their show in Detroit and asked if I would pick up their CD.  After some of the other bands played i went up to their merch table to buy a CD.  Both Raj and Alex were unbelievably friendly and outgoing.  They were both appreciative that someone was showing an interest in their music.  They both autographed the CD willingly and we exchanged some word.  I gave the CD a few listens before giving it to my friend and its ridiculous how addicting and catchy the music is.  There has been quite a lot of metal coming out of the UK recently and this is the complete opposite.  The two musicians in this band really know how to keep your foot tapping.  Their sounds is unique and hard to compare to anything else, but I promise anyone who listens to this CD will find themselves singing the lyrics later.